The Huts Eastbourne
Following a seven month process with over 50 architects from all over the world entering in the professional category and over 40 entries in the community category, the judges selected four winners from a shortlist of 8 in the professional category and 1 from the shortlist of 3 in the community category. An exhibition of the shortlist was open to the public, whose combined vote counted for 30%.
- Stephen Foley from Dublin based SFA for his illuminated ghost-like structure What Unearthed?
- Jacob Low from JaK Studio for his window on the world Spyglass
- George King from London and Melbourne based George King Architects for the stellar designs of Star Gazers’ Cabin and
- Ewen Miller and Kim Smith from the RIBA Award winning Calder Peel for the joyfully bright sun-filled Eastbourne Re-Bourne.
- The winner in the community category is local artist Sheila Hay and students from Sussex Downs College with their beautifully crafted ceramics hut.